Thursday, May 21, 2009

Don't expect a casualty report, I'll be happy if they survive the summer.

Part of the 4th grade science curriculum is raising frogs and hermit crabs in class. So, the end of the school year comes around, and 'adoption' permission forms are sent home. Mom, being a softy, signs. The next day, Mace Win-do (an African dwarf water frog) comes home. Carissa sees an opportunity, and the next day escorts me to her classroom, explaining that the class's fish needs a home. Welcome home Nemo (Carissa is currently trying to decide on a Girl name for the fish, because she would prefer a girl fish). Then, Aaron comes home and brings with him O-bi-won, a second African dwarf water frog, because not enough kids adopted frogs, so he decided to bring home a second one.

Like I said, don't expect a casualty report, we have them, they feed them, they'll clean the fishbowl and change the water on Fridays. If that isn't enough I'm sure the sewer system can handle them.

No comments: